Creative Beadcraft Bead Guides
Below you will find a growing library of craft tips and useful approaches to common beadcraft projects. If you have any questions concerning any of the articles or other beadcraft related subjects please use our contact form.
Guides to Jewellery Making
- Basic Guide to Using Swarovski Flat Back Hotfix Crystals
- Swarovski Flat Back Hotfix crystals are perfect for embellishing clothing and accessories as well as making jewellery. This guide Includes downloads for Swarovski hotfix colour and size charts.
- Basic Guide to Bead Effects and Finishes
- An introduction to some of the most common coatings and effects such as AB, lustre and silver lined.
- Basic Guide to Stringing Materials
- An introduction to some of the main threads used to string beads for jewellery making.
- Basic Guide to Jewellery Making
- This guide covers useful techniques for beginners including making loops for jewellery using eyepins and headpins, attaching clasps for necklaces and bracelets, making knots and information on jewellery findings and pliers.
- Seed Bead Information for Japanese and Czech Seed Beads
- Size and number of beads by weight for seed beads from Miyuki and Preciosa Ornela
- Using Tila Beads from Miyuki
- These Japanese tila beads can be used in a variety of ways - use them on their own or combine with small seed beads to create gorgeous jewellery. Click here to see some project ideas from Miyuki.
- Using Twin Seed Beads from Preciosa
- These new twin seed beads can be used in a variety of ways - use them on their own or combine with other seed beads to create gorgeous jewellery. Click here to see some project ideas from Preciosa, including designs for simple bracelets to get you started.
- Basic Guide to Using Appliglue
- Appliglue is designed for use with textile craft and decorative artwork. It is ideal for beadwork, such as glueing rhinestones, sequins, wooden beads etc. It is washable so can be use for customing clothing.
Swarovski Elements Charts
- SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS Size and Colour Charts
- Downloads for colour charts and size charts for Swarovski hotfix, beads, pearls and round stones
- Coiling Gizmo
- This simple but ingenious tool will enable you to make coils for necklaces, bracelets and earrings. The guide includes downloads of a Masterclass for Make Jewellery magazine and two projects.
- Bead Loom Instructions and Patterns
- Bead weaving on a loom is an easy technique that enables you to create lovely jewellery pieces such as bracelets, belts and chokers. Woven strips can also be mounted onto another material or can be joined together to make a larger piece.
- The Professional Touch® Hot-fix Applicator
- The Professional Touch® Hot-fix Applicator is great for customising jeans, shoes, purses and other accessories. Use it to create your own cards. Add a sparkle to items such as boxes, clocks and lampshades.